Understand Why your Computer is Slow and How to Fix it
Why Computers Are So Slow?
• File system consists of a large number of files. OS needs to read many of them from hard drive at least once which takes time.
• Computer memory is not endless and all the files can not be always cached. Operating system has to read them from time to time.
• Hard disks are still not as fast as other systems.
• Read time depends on the file size and it is lower for smaller files, but is still takes too long.
• Seek time depends on file location and access order and the larger the disc the higher the seek time.
• As disk becomes fragmented the seek time dramatically increases.
• Files are usually read one by one, so the application wastes time waiting for its reading queue.
Can Computer be Faster? YES !!!
• What do you need for this? An USB Flash drive or flash card and eBoostr.
How Does eBoostr Work?
• After you install the product it analyzes your most used applications and files while you use the computer.
• Most frequently used files are cached on a fast USB drive.
• Each time the system needs to read a data eBoostr serves it from the cache with a balanced load of all devices.
Why do You Need a Flash Drive?
• Modern flash drive is faster than an average hard drive.
• Flash drive has a very low seek time.
• Flash drive is a cheap storage device.
What is eBoostr?
• eBoostr is a software package for Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7 ® systems
• It redirects file read requests to cache databases located on several devices.
• USB flash drives, SD/CF cards or hard disks can be used as cache device.
• eBoostr supports up to 4 storage devices simultaneously.
How Does it Work Using eBoostr?
• eBoostr enables you to use any storage device as an extra accessible RAM and Cache memory that will make your computer up to 5 times faster !
Author: Mike Ivanov